Boy have I had some wonderful things happen in the past month. I’ve been very busy finishing my education, dancing my butt off, and accomplishing personal goals. I have really made some big steps in my life at the end of April and beginning of May! Including:
- Danza Dance Company final recital and my contemporary piece “Demons”
- Radio City Rockette Auditions: Experience of a lifetime that made me realize I can do anything I set my mind to with hard work and significant determination
- Final Performances in Pointe and Song and Dance Theatre
- Graduating Cum Laude from the University of Florida with a B.A. in Theatre and Double Minors in Dance and Francophone Culture Studies
- Moving out of my beautiful home for four years and saying goodbye wonderful sorority, my stunning apartment, and my inspiring friends
As most of you friends already know, I am officially a member of the “real world,” and no longer a student at the University of Florida. I am now a proud Gator Alumni Class of 2013. As of May 7th, 2013 I finished my undergraduate experience and moved on to the next chapter in my life. To say that this transition is difficult would be an understatement– I am truly emotionally and mentally shocked that this moment has arrived and that I am back in my hometown looking for work to save up some money before I move to New York. This whole living at home/plenty of time on my hands thing is weirding me out a bit but I know I will adjust sooner or later. If there’s one huge perk, it’s spending plenty of time with my family. Never again will I be in my hometown for this long nor will I be able to see them any time I want. Therefore, I know I will appreciate the significant amount of family gatherings and bonding time over the next few months.
In other news, I am teaching part time dance again and taking ballet classes in Naples to keep myself in shape and happy! Being back at my old dance studio has made me realize how much I’ve grown as a dancer and improved my style over the past four years. Also, we had our first Les Miserables cast meeting Monday May 8th, the day I got back from school, and it felt incredible to be back in a rehearsal room again. We learned every ensemble song from the musical and those three hours made me realize that I have a lot to look forward to this summer– new friends, vocal techniques, a new stage, plenty of live audiences, and beachy weather down the street. Maybe Naples won’t be so boring after all. 🙂
The past month flew by quicker than I possibly imagined but I am thrilled to see where the summer is going to take me and what God will bless me with.
Best wishes to you all this summer as you embark on your own adventures!